Bulgar Wheat is a source of nutrition I consider to be clean; it will also still give you the kick of carb you need every so often. Simply adding some Basil and Lemon can give it some flavour and be a great addition to any meal.
It’s quick to prep and cook, which is what we love! – just make sure you time it to be ready with the rest of your meal (probably best to save it til last!)
[typography font=”Cantarell” size=”16″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]Ingredients:[/typography]
- Bulgar wheat (amount will depend on how many people you are cooking for)
- Fresh Basil
- 1/4 of a Fresh Lemon
- Measure out how much wheat you will want and pour into a pot
Once you have this you will know how much water to use – for every cup of bulgar wheat, use 2 cups of water
- Boil the water and pour it over the wheat (the water should cover the wheat)
- Add the basil and squeeze the lemon into the water
- Cover the pot and leave for approx. 5-7 mins (this will again depend on how much you are cooking)
- Check on the wheat by mixing it around and ensuring all the water has been absorbed
- If it has, mix it a couple of times so the lemon and basil flavouring spreads
- It’s now ready to serve!
Enjoy xo Elyse