If you work long hours like I do it can be easy to push breakfast to the side. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so I have come up with a way to avoid skipping it. Some of you may already do this, which is great, but some of you may not know how easy this can be.
If buying breakfast is expensive, and you don’t feel you’re getting the healthy food options you want, then here is my suggestion:
AN EGGY BREAKFAST ON THE GO!
This recipe is great; you can cook in bulk, you know what’s going into your food, and you no longer have to worry about missing out on the foods that will set you up for the day ahead. We all know that what you eat for breakfast will determine your energy and hunger levels for the remainder of the day. Eggs are a great way to start the day as they will keep you full for hours, so you won’t be snacking at your desk…something I know is hard to resist if you haven’t eaten properly! This recipe is also #BougieOnABudget certified 🙂
What you need:
- x3 Eggs
- x1 slice of Onion
- x1 slice of Courgette
- x2 slices of Pepper
- x1 small handful of Spinach
- Cup Cake Cases (I use 8 at a time)
What to do:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Slice all Veg into small cubes
3. Whisk the Eggs with a dash of Milk, adding a dash Salt and Pepper for seasoning
4. Separate the Cup Cake Cases on an oven tray
5. Drop a bit of each Veg into the Cup Cake Cases
6. Add the Egg mixture into each Case until they are half full
7. Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes
8. Take out and leave to cool (this won’t take long as eggs cool quickly)
9. Remove from the Cases if you wish to (I’d recommend this) and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat
*The best way to transport these is in a sealed tupperware, and when you get to work put them in the fridge until you are ready to eat them!
Eggy Breakfast on the go is easy to prepare (you can do it the night before, so no need to wake up early!), quick to cook, and just what you need to start your day. Of course, you can experiment with the veg you use, but don’t overload the Cup Cake Cases or they will be too heavy.