I love potato and I love broccoli, so using a Jamie Oliver inspired recipe the two have been combined to make something that I would describe as D-R-E-A-M-Y. With It officially being November and so many holidays coming up, I thought this would be a great time to share one of my favorite things to make!
I’ll get straight to it for this one:
You need (amounts will depend on how many you are cooking for; mine is based on cooking for 2, and having some leftovers) :
- x2 medium sized Potatoes (Maris Piper is my recommendation) or a couple of handfuls of smaller Potatoes (I recommend Charlotte Potatoes)
- x1 Broccoli
- x1 knob of Butter
- x1 handful of Parmesan
How to cook:
1. Peel the Potatoes, and cut these up as well as the broccoli
2. Boil Potatoes in a pot for 7 minutes
3. Add the Broccoli and cook for another 8 minutes (add salt at this point for seasoning)
4. Drain the Potatoes and Broccoli
5. Add a knob of Butter and a handful of Parmesan
6. MASH! As you are mashing do some tasting; you may need to add a sprinkle of Salt or Parmesan along the way.
*It may take some time to mash this until smooth but keep going at it and you’ll get there. You can of course leave it with a lumpy texture if you prefer it this way!
Serving suggestion: GREAT WITH ANYTHING!
Enjoy this tasty dish as a side or as a snack; it’s always a winner in my house!