This is the juiciest chicken recipe I have!
Cooking the chicken amongst the different ingredients keeps it flavoursome. This recipe is fairly quick to make, once you have the prep done and if you make enough it can be kept for a couple of days. My suggestion is having it cold for lunch the next day!
If you want to make it carb free you can take out the rice, but I think in moderation keeping the rice in will give you the nicer texture and will make it a more substantial meal.
Enjoy! xo Elyse
- 1/2 pint of rice
- Chicken breasts (amount will depend on how many it is for)
- Teriyaki sauce
- Soy sauce
- Veg of your choice – I have used spinach, broccoli, spring onion, peppers (green and red) and asparagus
- Cut chicken into cubes and marinade in teriyaki sauce for 30-45 mins
- Prepare veg and cook rice whilst the chicken marinades
- Once sunflower oil is hot in the wok add the veg (all except spinach)
- Cook the veg for approx. 6-8 mins so it softens nicely
- Pour some soy sauce over the veg to give it flavour whilst it cooks
- Once you can see the veg has softened add the chicken
- When you add the chicken ensure to add salt and pepper (a couple of grinds of each will be enough)
- The chicken will start to appear cooked; let this cook for approx 5-6 mins and ensure all pieces are exposed to enough heat that they cook properly
* if you are unsure whether the chicken is cooked, you can check random pieces by cutting them with a knife and looking at the colour inside
- Once the chicken is cooked add the rice and some more soy sauce
- The rice will already be hot; it will just need to be mixed in with the veg and chicken
- Whilst you are doing this you can add the spinach
* I always keep spinach until last as it cooks so quickly
- Once you have finished mixing the rice in and the spinach is cooked the meal is ready to be served
** once the leftovers have cooled down you can keep this in the fridge. Do not keep it for longer than 2 days – I’m a lover of cold food too so having this the next day is perfect for me, and hopefully you too! **