Something to get you going for the day is the chunky summer granola I have made below. After doing some research I have found what I think is a good combo of ingredients to create a granola that is filling, energising, and completely healthy.
After all we all want to know we are eating breakfast or a snack that is nutritious and good for you!
Follow the below to make your chunky granola, and enjoy! xo
PS – you may not hear from me for a couple of weeks…this is because I will be in Vegas & LA with Nic! We will be doing some fun bougie things, and I will be getting together a list of top places to eat in LA, so look out for this. XO Elyse
- 200g oats
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g pitted dates
- 150g raisins
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cut the apricot and dates into smaller pieces
* my tip here is to use scissors for this – way quicker and easier!
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees celsius
- Grease the tin / baking parchment you will use
- Mix the oats, fruit, raisins, and sunflower seeds in a bowl
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl and add to the mixture
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan
- Heat 1 tbsp of honey for 20 seconds in the microwave
- Add both to the mixture
- Mix well until you have a good sticky consistency (you may need to add more honey for stickiness – do this one tbsp at a time)
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tray and make sure it is flat, with a thickness of about 1cm
- Put this in the oven, covered with foil, for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins. uncover this for the remaining 15 mins.
- When it is done take it out of the oven and leave it to cool
- Once cool, break up the granola into large chunks
* you will want to store this in an air tight container to keep it fresh
* as the ingredients are all cooked it doesn’t need to be kept refrigerated
You can have this in any of the following ways:
– with milk
– with additional fresh fruit (strawberries, berries or apple)
– with a dash of sugar