Hey guys! Thanks so much for the great response to my Mediterranean salad! I’m back and giving you another healthy recipe that I know you will make over and over again!
Yummy side dishes can be healthy and filling! This is a great side dish to go with any meal or even alone as a snack! You can cook this for family or for when you’re entertaining guests; either way, it’s always a hit.
Grilled Aubergine (Or Eggplant as many of you call it) & Red Onion
- 2 x red onions
- 2 x aubergines (eggplant)
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil (If you don’t have that on-hand, feel free to use regular olive oil and use minced garlic and/or garlic powder instead)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Chop tops off aubergines
- Wash aubergines and cut in half
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Score aubergines with a knife
- Cut aubergines into smaller slices
Pour garlic infused olive oil onto a tray
As you add each slice, cover it in the oil sitting in the tray
- Ensure all pieces of aubergine are laying separately
Peel and slice red onion
Sprinkle this over the aubergine
- Add salt and pepper by lightly grinding over the surface
Put into pre-heated oven
Cook for 25-30 mins on 180 degrees
Once done, serve alongside any dish and enjoy!!
Follow me on Twitter: @Elysefx