Happy New Year to our lovely GMM readers from the GMM staff & myself!
What a crazy year for so many of us! I’m thrilled it’s over and I can move onto the next chapter in my life!
My top 12 (one for every month) favorite moments of 2013:
1) Hosting on AXS TV! This was a major moment for me as I had just graduated from USC and it was my first grown up job. I got to do an in-studio show, co-host a special for Noah Cyrus‘ birthday party (yep, I got to finally meet Miley!), go on-location for Fantasia’s music video shoot, and also do red-carpet interviews for the Grammy’s after party!
2) I executive produced my first film, ROADIES, where I also got to play a fun character named Jessica. It was a road trip movie, so I also traveled to parts of the country I had never seen before.
3) My reel & website being complete! For so many years I had worked hard to get great footage of the people I’ve had the opportunity to interview and after graduating, I finally got to see it come together. After my reel was ready, we launched my personal website, NicMoraXO.com.
4) London. I mean…need I say more?! Time of my life. And I met Elyse our UK correspondent while I was there! I can’t wait to go back.
5) Toronto. I attended the Toronto International Film Festival AND spent the Jewish New Year with my family. I couldn’t have asked for more.
6) Jay-Z & Justin Timberlake Legends of Summer Tour! One of the best concerts I’ve been to.
7) San Francisco. We went for my parents anniversary and all explored together. I love family time and it was nice to just all be together for a few days doing nothing but eating and laughing.
8) Launching GiveMeMora.com!!! This is my absolute favorite moment of the year. I had been brewing this for quite a while and it was so magical to see my dreams come true! Since launch we’ve had so many hits, comments and responses, I don’t even know what to say! I’m just so thankful.
9) Going behind-the-scenes at The Voice! Seeing Adam Levine alone was worth it, but it was truly amazing to be able to show you guys what goes down and I am so grateful to the NBC team!
10) New York City. It really is the concrete jungle where dreams are made of! Always so inspired when I’m there and I had such a blast with Alana Sue & Iconix.
11) Keana’s Candy From Strangers music video shoot. Keana is like a little sister to me and watching her grow up into this little superstar diva is just so amazing! She’s a sweetheart & it’s no wonder she is once you take a look at her whole fam! It was so nice to meet and work with Keana again as well as Glee’s Samuel Larsen & Project X’s Kirby Bliss Blanton.
12) Attending The Gracie’s with my amazing friends Natalie Viscuso & Beth Sullivan. What an amazing night to honor powerful women!
As the new year approaches, I’m also thinking about my resolutions for the year, my goals, my wishes and my desires. This year I am going to forgive those who have wronged me (and those who will wrong me), I am not going to take things personally and I’m going to live my life without expectations.
Just before the new year, I lost a great friend due to a tragic accident. While I had experienced quite a bit of death in 2013, this one really hit me hard. Our time here is not guaranteed and we must live every day to the fullest; It is our obligation to because so many people didn’t get the chance to experience a full life. Think of it as though you are given a blank book with 365 pages today — your job is to fill those pages with stories that people will talk about for years to come.
I wish you all nothing but health, happiness & lots of love. I am giving 2013 a great big BYE FELICIA and welcoming 2014 as the year of positivity. I hope you all had a lovely new year and cannot wait to see what’s in store for all of us!