Calling all my bougies on a budget this holiday season! This post is for YOU! Whatever state or city you’re in, these can all be useful to you.
As “black friday” quickly approaches, I’m here to give you some tips before you enter the lion’s den. ‘Cause let’s be real…entering any mall/store/Best Buy/K-Mart/etc is probably similar to trying to find your way through hell. In the dark.
Here are some of my favorite tips — feel free to share yours!
1) Before you hit the sales on Friday, go to stores in the mall like Forever 21 & Urban Outfitters for their “pre-black friday” sales! Yep, they have sales almost just as good as they will on Friday itself and this way, you get first pick.
2) Do NOT wait in line from 6pm the night before. Unless you’re going to be one of the first 10 people in line, there is absolutely no point. Get up in the morning and go. Who can shop when they’re delirious anyways?
3) Go to the outlet stores! This is so underrated. You get more bang for your back and much better quality! The outlet stores are sure to be crowded but usually not more crowded than the malls & big stores like Wal-Mart.
4) Some people like to go early in the morning, I personally like to have breakfast/brunch with my family first, chill for a bit & then at around 2pm head over to Macy’s & the mall. Whoever can find good shit in the morning madness is my hero. I need some peace and quiet. Not that any store is going to be quiet but at least there’s less people I have to sift through to find things.
5) If you’re like me and quite frankly, just don’t have the energy or patience for big crowds and long lines, wait for “Cyber Monday” — go online Monday morning and hit the sales! These sales are likely to be bigger & better because companies are trying to get rid of what they couldn’t sell during the weekend. And it saves you gas ’cause you don’t have to drive to the mall — all you have to do is click, click, click!
6) CHECK FOR COUPONS! The power of the internet people! Search for coupons online before you head out into the madness. Macy’s gives plenty of 20% off coupons, H&M gives you a 20% coupon upon entering the store & Bloomingdales several different discount deals.
Happy shopping! Show us what you’ve bought and how much you’ve saved! You know we love a good deal.