I have been in the kitchen, and thought I would share my recipe with you.
This one is great if you want a warm, comforting snack, or if you are entertaining over the New Year period, and have had enough Turkey.
Serving suggestions for the pasta bake are either: a medium sized portion for a meal, a small side dish (as a mac and cheese alternative), or in small cups to compliment a salad. I find having cold lettuce and warm pasta so delicious!
This is extremely simple, and quick to make. It can also be made healthier by using brown pasta, low fat cheese, and less salt.
Enjoy, and happy new year to all the GMM followers!
Ingredients (medium portion for 4 people):
- 3/4 large pack of rigatoni pasta
- 1 1/2 pack of dolmio sun dried tomato sauce
- 1 pack mozzarella cheese
- 1 pack cheddar cheese
I have also used so pre cooked veg (broccoli, corn, mushroom, spinach, pepper) – this is optional, however if the pasta is being cooked as a meal it can sometimes make it more filling, and provide you with some extra nutrients you need.
- Turn on oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Fill large pot with water, and boil this
- Measure out pasta into dish will be cooking it in (dish size dependent on number of portions needed) – don’t fill the dish, as the pasta swells when it is cooked (leave approx. 0.5 – 1cm clear at the top of the dish)
- Pour the pasta into the boiling water
- If your cheese isn’t pre grated, then grate both the cheddar and mozzarella
- When the pasta is cooked drain it, and pour it back into the pot
- Turn the heat on low and pour in the tomato sauce
- Mix it around so all the pasta is covered
- If you have veg to add then add this in now
- Add the cheddar cheese into the pot and mix this around
- Pour the pasta into the oven dish and cover the top layer in mozzarella cheese
- Put this in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the pasta looks crispy, and golden around the edges.
- The pasta is now ready to serve, using suggestions as above!