Hope you’re trying out some of my recipes. They’re great for keeping healthy but still enjoying some tasty meals!
This recipe is for Red Cabbage. Now I know some of you will think ‘cabbage’ ‘really?‘…but not this dish!
Simple…follow the instructions below.
My red cabbage is full of flavour and is the perfect side dish when cooking a hot meal. Oh and it has WINE! Where my wino’s at?
Enjoy, and let me know what you think once you’ve tried it. EF xo
- x 1 cabbage (450g)
- x 2 red apples
- x 2 red onions
- 110g Margarine
- 300ml Vegetable Stock Powder
- 150ml Red Wine
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cut cabbage, apples and onions
- Add them to the saucepan
- Add margarine, wine and vegetable stock powder to the saucepan
- Grind salt and pepper into the mixture
- Bring to the boil and then lower the heat to simmer for 35mins (or until wine and stock have been absorbed)
- Serve up and enjoy!
What’s great about this dish is that it can be made 1 – 2 days in advance then reheated in the oven. So if you are entertaining and have a lot to prepare you can get this dish done early!
When re-heating you can do this in two ways:
1. In a pre-heated oven at 160-180 degrees for approx. 20 mins
2. Put it back in the pan and heat on a low temperature until it simmers
* I prefer in the oven as it means less washing up after and more space on the hob!