Usually we are used to duck pancakes with hoi sin and plum sauce flavourings…I have a different take on this.
Shredded Turkey is a recipe I have tried with my family and it’s definitely a win!
- x 2 Turkey Legs
- Hoi Sin Sauce
- x 1 Cucumber
- x 4 Spring Onions
- Plum sauce
- Place two turkey legs in a large pan of cold water (the legs must be covered by the water)
- Bring water to boil
- Once boiled, skim off any froth that appears on top (use a metal spoon for this)
- Simmer for 3 hours (when doing this make sure the pan is covered)
- Drain the turkey legs and remove from pan
- Shred the turkey off of the bone – it should be soft enough for you to pull it off the bone using 2 forks
- Put the shredded turkey in an oven dish
- Cover this with the hoi sin sauce
- Put this in the oven for approx. 20 mins (you will want to see it start turning crispy)
* oven temp. should be 170 degrees celsius
- Whilst the turkey is cooking in the oven thinly slice the cucumber and spring onion
- Empty the plum sauce into a side dish (you will use this as the sauce for the pancakes)
Once all is ready pre heat the pancakes and you are ready to make your shredded turkey pancakes!