If you’ve been following Sophie Tweed-Simmons, you know she’s been looking extra amaze lately! You may remember when Sophie joined forces with us this past December (click here for the article) to talk about her lifestyle when it comes to health and fitness, and now she’s back for a follow-up! It’s been about 7 months since we last caught up with her and we figured you would all want to know about her progress. We love how real and honest she is about her journey — there’s no sugarcoating or bullshit.
Take a look at my Q&A and peep the before and after pics!
1) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]Wow you look amazing! How much weight have you lost?[/typography]
I don’t actually know the number. I wasn’t trying to lose weight, I was trying to be more athletic and healthy. I think it’s around 20lbs. I was 170lbs sometime last year and now I’m 150lbs. But I don’t know how much of that is fat versus new muscle.
2) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]It’s hard to be motivated and stay healthy…how have you been able to keep the weight off and continue to lose? [/typography]
I didn’t pick a plan that I had to stick to. I find that when I make a statement like “I’m going on a diet” or “I’m going to run a mile in 7 minutes” that I get overwhelmed by the expectation and the worry that I may not meet my goal. I agree goals are good but they should be more like “I want to feel my best” and “I will not deprive my body.”
3) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]We know you’ve been traveling quite a bit — what are some of your tips and tricks to staying on track when you might not be home or have time to work out?[/typography]
Honestly working out had been a struggle for me. And let’s be even more honest…does anyone do those home workout tips? No. When I’m home I like to lay on the couch! But I know that on days when I travel I am burning less calories, therefore don’t need to intake as many. It’s a balancing act and I think I’m beginning to understand it.
4) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]How often do you cheat? What’s your favorite cheat meal?[/typography]
I’m not on a diet so “cheating” isn’t in my vocabulary. I am allergic to dairy, yeast and chocolate and sometimes I have some ice cream because I miss it so much, and suffer a tummy ache after. I love dessert and I eat out almost every day, but you have to think of that balancing act. Usually if I’m going to eat crap, it’s at the movies. Popcorn and Redvines.
5) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]Favorite type of work out at the moment?[/typography]
I love yoga just for an alternative strength straining. I also hike with my dogs every chance I get. My dogs force me to get outside and run around with them. The best workout is when you are just outside having fun. When I’m in a workout class I feel miserable and I’m never the most in shape at the gym and I always feel bad when these girls are lifting and running for two hours and I’m just doing my best.
6) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]Do you work out while you’re traveling?[/typography]
I always pack my sneakers, but probably not as much as I should. Mostly when I travel I try to walk everywhere and that helps. But hotel gyms are bleak. I’d rather sign up for an activity in the city I’m in, like surf lessons or bike rides.
7) [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]How has losing weight and staying in shape helped your overall life?[/typography]
I have more energy now than ever. I am up earlier and asleep earlier. I get more don’t in my days because I’m not exhausted, tired or feeling like I’m carrying extra weight. It wasn’t my goal to lose weight but it comes with eating better and moving more.
[quote]I don’t believe most people are honest when they give interviews about their bodies. I don’t think it’s all genetic, I think models and actresses and people in the entertainment business, work out all the time and are always conscious of what they eat. There is no secret to weight loss or health. It’s all hard work. [/quote]
Thank you Sophie, you gorgeous girl! We always love having you contribute to our site!
xo [typography font=”Cantarell” size=”14″ size_format=”px” color=”#ff6666″]NM[/typography]
And keep up with GMM: Instagram