What to do with your leftover meat from your Bolognese? Tasty stuffed peppers, of course!
I experimented with these, and I am so glad I did because they turned out to be delicious! They are quick to make, and a great way to not waste food (win!).
*This recipe can be adapted for the veggies out there too; you can stuff the peppers with just the veg, or with a cheese e.g. feta/goats cheese, or add some tofu.
- x 2 halves of a pepper (the amount you make is up to you!)
- x 4 button Mushrooms
- x 1/2 a Red Onion
- x3 Asparagus Tips
- x 1/4 Courgette
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Granules
- Ground Black Pepper
- Your leftover meat
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and chop your vegetables finely.
- Cook the veg in a pan with a dash of oil, garlic and pepper.
- Once the veg starts to soften add your leftover meat to the pan and cook this for approx. 4-5 minutes.
- Fill the peppers with the cooked veg and meat, and put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the peppers should be hot and ready to eat!
– On a bed of lettuce (if you like a mix of hot and cold together)
– Melt some grated cheese (cheddar or mozzarella) on the top to seal the meat and veg in
– As a side with a salad
– Add some rice to the mix if you fancy a carb (for this you may want to use a whole pepper and fill it with the veg, meat, and rice)
– Or simply have the rice as a side!