Alright, so clearly I am on a very big yoga kick right now — and pilates obvi — but for the sake of this post, we’ll focus on yoga. This year I promised myself I would be more “zen” and take care of myself first and foremost.
For YEARS I would try different yoga classes and just could NOT do it. I mean, I was miserable. It’s really hard for me to shut my brain off, let alone try to meditate! But last year I found a teacher that I loved and slowly got back into it. Since I have the bones of an 80 year old grandma and a hyperextended knee, it’s been really beneficial in getting me stronger, leaner, calmer and more flexible. So really, you just have to find a teacher/class you like and get going.
However, yoga classes are expensive! Being zen is hard when you’re on a budget hunny. Trust me, between my Pop Physique classes, spin classes, and now yoga, I’m feeling the dent in my wallet!
Here are some deals you can all redeem and get your zen on:
1) First off, if you belong to a gym already, try the yoga classes if they offer them. Usually gyms offer classes for free so you wouldn’t need to pay an additional fee and you can try out different teachers.
2) Maha Yoga in Los Angeles. You have a few more days to redeem the discount they’re offering! 5 classes for $50. You can’t beat that. Especially when their original rate is 5 classes for $95.
3) Moshka Yoga. New clients are offered unlimited classes for $40 their first month. There are Moshka Yoga studios around America and Canada. It’s all hot yoga which I enjoy the most. The one in LA does a deep stretching class Tuesday nights to an acoustic guitar player who sings — it is EVERYTHING.
4) Core Power Yoga. Depending on your region, you get 1 to 2 weeks free and then you can get a monthly unlimited for about $100-$120.
5) YogaWorks. 2 weeks unlimited yoga for $30. Also has studios all around the US.
PS — you can always check sites like Groupon, Living Social, etc to find yoga classes in your area all over the world! If you’re a student, most students offer a student discount as well. Just ask!
What are some of your favorite studios? Deals?
Namaste, bitches. xo NM