If you want the house moving process to go smoothly, you will more than likely need a checklist to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything important. Check out the below list of how to cover everything and make your house moving smoother and stress-free.
- Boxes and Labels. The first thing you will need to start is boxes and labels. You will want to be able to find your essentials and your important paperwork effortlessly, without having to search through every single box. As soon as you know a moving date, you can start packing. You could set a target every night for how many boxes you want to pack up, so you can keep to schedule.
- Declutter. The fewer things you have, the less stuff you need to pack and transport to your new home. soon as you know when you are moving, sort out a skip and get rid of anything that you no longer want or need. If it is still usable, donate to a charity shop or thrift shop or sell on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist.
- Ready to Eat Meals. Unless you want to live on expensive and unhealthy takeouts for a week, you will need to get some food that requires little or no preparation. Buy some easy to prepare meals or leave your microwave out and get some frozen dishes sorted out as well as sandwiches and snacks for the busy moving day.
- Book a Reliable Removal Company. A reliable Arlington moving company is essential. One of the worst things that could happen on moving day is being let down, so check recommendations and reviews.
- Close Household Accounts. Make sure you arrange for your electricity, internet, and cable accounts to be closed down on moving day so that you don’t forget and end up being billed months after you move. As well as that, if your buyers move in and they want to open new utility accounts, they cannot do it, as there is already a provider at the address.
- Notifying Insurance Companies. When you change your address, you will need to inform your home insurance provider straight away. You will need to do the same for your car insurance as well, and anything like medical and life insurance. If you don’t tell them about your move, any future claim might be invalid.
- School Registration. If you have kids, it is essential that you get them into the local school as quickly as possible. You may need to show your address, therefore, have your mortgage or rental documents handy. Arrange a meeting with schools and check out their rating online. Make sure that the school is close enough for your kids to walk to, or on the way for you to work.
There are so many things to take care of when moving house, and it can be stressful. Plan and make sure you give yourself plenty of time to complete each step of the move.