I’m trying to eat less chicken so I decided to switch it up and make salmon for another girl’s night viewing of The Bachelor. I saw what was already in my fridge and came up with this 30 minute dinner idea. It was SO good I ate whatever was left for lunch the next day. This recipe is Keto diet approved!
- 1 Lemon
- 1-3 garlic gloves (depending on how much you like garlic)
- Garlic powder OR minced garlic
- Chile lime seasoning
- Olive oil
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Half and half milk
- Parmesan cheese
- Frozen zucchini noodles from Trader Joe’s (you can make your own fresh ones with a spiralizer but I’m lazy”
Optional: a few slices of white onion
To make vegan: substitute half & half for almond milk (you’ll just need to add a little more) and use a handful of pine nuts instead of parmesan!
For the salmon:
- Pre heat your oven to bake at 350F
- Season front and back generously with paprika, turmeric and chile lime seasoning. Add a little fresh ground pepper for spice and maximum health benefits.
- I used minced garlic here because I ran out of garlic powder so I topped the front of my salmon with that. I sliced a little bit of a white online and put it on top for extra flavor. If you have onion powder, you can use that instead. I was just using what I had!
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on it and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Once it’s cooked almost all the way through, flip your salmon over and cook it on low broil for 2-3 minutes. This gives you a crispy salmon skin. Flip back over on low broil for another 1-2 minutes and you’re done!
For your avocado pesto zoodles:
(I made this once my salmon was in the oven)
If you’re using the frozen zucchini noodles, go ahead and cook them in your skillet according to the directions. It should take about 8 minutes.
- You can use a Magic Bullet or food processor – I used the Magic bullet to blend everything together.
- Add in your avocado.
- I used 3 cloves of garlic because I love it and all of its anti-inflammatory benefits, but feel free to use 1 or 2 cloves.
- 5 tablespoons half & half
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 handful of parmesan
- Squeeze the juice from the rest of your lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend until smooth! You may need to add more olive oil, water, or half & half.
- About a minute before your zoodles are ready, pour in your pesto. It will be so nice and creamy!!
Plate your food, top off with parmesan and crushed red pepper, and serve with a glass of wine! I can’t believe how perfect the salmon was cooked and I literally almost forgot I was eating zucchini instead of regular pasta.