Okay readers…time for my recipe to make a beloved British Sunday roast! This can be done with any meat of your choice; my favourite is definitely beef cooked medium rare.
Add any sides you want – you can use some of my previous veg recipes for this. There will be more to come as the weeks go on.
Enjoy and happy Sunday! xo
- x 1 Rib of Beef
- x 2 Whole Onions
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
To cook medium rare you will want to cook the beef for 40 mins per kilo at 180 degrees celsius – my beef is 1.5 kilos, which serves approx 6 people (portion size dependent!)
- Pre heat the oven
- Chop onions and add to tray where you will cook the beef
- Put beef in oven and cook for the suggested time
- Once cooked, remove the beef from the oven and cover it with silver foil for approx. 20 mins
- Carve and serve
Of course you can add your choice of veg/carb – as you can see I have added aubergine aka eggplant (see my previous recipe for this) and a couple of roast potatoes. Oh and don’t forget the juicy gravy!
For the gravy you need water, ‘Ahhh Bisto’ (this is a British thing!), juice from the meat and a beef stock cube.
To make the gravy:
1. Put water in a pan
2. Add the bisto powder and stock cube
3. Add meat juice
4. Stir and simmer on a low light until thickens